I sought out the Kumon center in Burlingame, California about tutoring for my daughter who is in the fifth grade. When I had asked for references for the services, they said they could not provide references. She was assessed. They estimated that she would be placed to start at first grade level of tutoring in math and relearn all the grades math to get to grade level. During the four months, I asked my daughter about the work that was being done. She said she was repeating the same worksheets that she had already mastered and was not receiving an help from the tutors. She also told me that the curriculum that they were studying was far below that of California School board for math. I complained to the owner about this and got a muted response.

Upset about the whole episode, I notified them in an email that I was removing my daughter within the one month notice period. I lost upwards of $400 in tutoring fees and more money for the fake assessment and registration fees. Worthless program, save your money.

Review about: Kumon Program.

Had an Experience with Kumon?

Comments

Burlingame, California, United States #815406

Our children had been studying at this center for a little while. We stopped them from Kumon once we noticed that the main teacher at the Kumon center had all skin disease.

to AP54 Houston, Texas, United States #973376

Aren't Kumon teachers required by the law to have a thorough health checkup? What if the Kumon teachers are suffering from some serious diseases like TB or AIDs and transmit the diseases to the children studying at the Kumon center?