1.6

My daughter has developmental delays and Kumon instructor Marie promised me that they will be able to help her with her studies. Two years into it and nothing has changed.

I can understand that they were not able to help but they dragged it all along without once asking for a meeting with me. I asked for a meeting with Ms Marie after a year and told her to take my daughter to lower level. I kept paying $250/month for Math and English without anything to show. My daughter would finish her homework with writing any garbage and they would resend the same homework back to her.

They would inform the nanny about my daughter not doing the homework correctly but never bothered to call me once also about it. They were very prompt in calling me when they had problem with billing though. Now, that I have had it, I decided to cancel the classes but they are asking for 30 days notice and want to charge me for another month. Even though Ms Marie herself agreed that Sonia is not benefitting and that she also thinks it should be canceled.

Isn't this exploitation where they knew very well that my daughter is not learning but they kept on going without a peep because they were getting money out of it and now that I asked to cancel they still want to charge for another month without providing any service? How can Ms Marie be so money minded where she feels no regret and shame to continue to pretend to teach my disabled daughter for 2 years and then have the audacity to charge for extra month?

Review about: Kumon Program.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Dishonest center owner, Asking to charge for additional month after cancellation.

Comments

Dear unsatisfied customer. I am one of the assistants that personally worked with your daughter along with our instructor at this center for the past 2 years.

It greatly saddens me that our hard work and special care towards your daughter has left you with such a bad opinion of us. Every assistant and especially the instructor, work tirelessly to make sure that every child is properly cared for and is getting the most from the program. Your daughter received one on one attention every class and I can say with full confidence that every effort was made to help her in the best possible way. I am also sorry that you do not feel she progressed over those 2 years.

Kumon is an amazing tool to help students reach their full potential, however achieving the best results come from when the student, the parents and the workers at the center are all working together and are dedicated to the program. Despite your remarks, I will never forget your daughter and the sweet thank you card and sincere goodbyes she left us with on her last day.

I wish you and your daughter all the best. Sincerely, a hard working Kumon assistant.